We believe every individual deserves an opportunity to engage in their community. Our objective is to empower individuals with developmental disabilities and provide information and emotional support to their parents and caregivers
- a source of emotional support for parents and children
- a conduit of information for services and resources for parents
- a communication bridge between professionals and parents
- a friendly and safe environment, sensitive to South Asian culture, so individuals have an opportunity to engage in life skills that are necessary for self-care and constructive relationships.
- a volunteer based parent-driven organization
- an organization guided by Respect, Integrity and Commitment.
- 5 to 7 families join Jeena every month because their child has a rare genetic disorder or is diagnosed with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Global Developmental Delays, or Seizure disorder.
- Jeena currently supports approximately 500 members.
- By some estimates, there are close to 6000 individuals in the Bay Area with some developmental disability who are of South Asian origin.
- Approximately 30% of the families in Jeena have children 5 or younger. 40% of the families have children in the age range of 6 to 10 years. Approximately 30% families have children who are teens.
- 52% of the children in Jeena have Autism. 13% are diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy and 33% have a diagnosis of Global Developmental Delays and 2% have rare genetic disorders.